Senior EHS Professional role is responsible for:
- Provide leadership and support to ensure EHS compliance, minimize liabilities, and improve overall EHS culture.
- Drive compliance with federal, state, and county regulations.
- Support the interface with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on compliance and enforcement issues. Identify, track, report and drive improvement on EHS key performance indicators.
- Guide and support implementation of our Responsible Care Management System.
- Facilitate the sharing of programs, procedures, tools, and successfully demonstrated practices within the Hub and across North America.
- Lead and/or participate on EHS and/or cross-functional work teams on development and improvement of company-wide processes and systems.
- Assist in the development of effective working relationships with site management and employees, EHS Community, other internal stakeholders, and EHS regulatory agencies.
Requirements for consideration are:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or another similar technical discipline and 7 or more years of professional experience.
- At least 5 years of well-rounded EHS experience in a chemical manufacturing or related environment.
- Well-rounded EHS expertise and leadership skills, be capable of driving EHS culture improvements within BASF
- In-depth knowledge of EPA environmental regulations and OSHA health & safety regulations.
- Strong communications, networking, influencing / negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS-Word, MS-PowerPoint, and MS Excel)
- Experience and knowledge if NY OSHA and EPA regulations is a plus!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Colleen Doerr, Senior Recruiter, at: CDoerr@professionaloutlook.com; (616) 796.2282 or apply on our website: http://professionaloutlook.com/job/safety-leader/